52 Week Mini Art Card/Tag Challenge

Wednesday 25 March 2020

Funky Fossil Designs March 2020 New Stamp Release - Distressed Elements


Funky Fossil Designs have five fabulous clear stamp sets that will be released for purchase on Saturday 28th March at 9am.


I have gone for a full on grunge look for this sample, where I have used one of the new sets called "Distressed Elements".

I started this card, by using assored coloured green Distress Oxide Inks through the Funky Fossil "Brick Wall" stencil.  For the mortar area, between the bricks, I used the "Tea Dye" Distress Oxide ink.

I used a red and a black Texture Paste through the Funky Fossil "The Look" stencil to create the face.


I then moved on to grunging the image up.  First, I used the Distressed Lines from the Distressed Element stamp set at the base of the card, using Versafine Vintage Sepia and Versafine Clair Shady Lane and Pinecone to create an undergrowth growing up the wall.

Using Versafine Clair "Nocturne" ink From the Distressed Elements stamp set, I stamped the hearts and the "x" at the top and the base of the card.  I then added the tear drops coming from they eye.

I used "Forest Moss" Distress Oxide Ink through the Funky Fossil "Feeling Gritty" stencil.  I then used "Black Soot" Distress Oxide through the Funky Fossil "Micro Dot" Stencil.

My next step was to stamp the alphabet and the numbers (from the Distressed Element stamp set) which I stamped in Versafine "Smokey Grey" ink.

Finally I inked the edges of the card using Versafine Clair "Morning Mist" grey ink and "Nocturne" black ink.


2 comments: