52 Week Mini Art Card/Tag Challenge

Wednesday 18 March 2020

Funky Fossil Designs "Face of Serenity"


With all the awful news about the Corona Virus, I took myself off for an hour of crafting this afternoon making this card.


I've used three stencils from Funky Fossil Designs.  I started by covering a piece of white card with blotches of four Distress Oxide Inks:  Shabby Shutters, Bundled Sage, Crushed Olive and Mowed Lawn blended into each other.


Next, over the top of the shaded green background, I used  "Hickory Smoke" Distress Oxide Ink through the Funky Fossil "Abstract Bamboo" stencil.

I used low tack masking tape to secure the Funky Fossil "Face Of Serenity" stencil in position.  I then used a spatula to apply That's Crafty Black Texture Paste through the stencil.  I carefully lifted the stencil off the card and set aside to dry while I washed the residue paste off the stencil.

Once dry, I then used the Funky Fossil "Micro Dots" stencil with "Evergreen Bough" Distress Oxide ink.

Finally around the edges and deeper in the corner I blended "Chipped Sapphire" Distress Oxide.  I edged the card in black Versafine Clair "Nocturne" ink

2 comments: