52 Week Mini Art Card/Tag Challenge

Sunday 16 February 2020

Stampscapes - Nature Set 8 (First attempt)


Today I have had an opportunity to play with a different brand of stamp.  The stamps are unmounted red rubber and are from Stampscapes.  

I mounted my stamps using Stix 2 Mount n Foam so that I could use the stamps in my platform or on clear blocks.

I used the "Nature Set 8" for this card.  I stamped the image using Versafine Clair "Nocturne" black ink and set aside to dry for a few minutes.

Once dry, I used three shades of Distress Oxide Inks, starting with the lightest colour "Tumbled Glass" then "Stormy Sky" and then the darkest "Faded Jeans" to colour the image.

I added a little bit of white ink, dabbed on to the central area of trees and water to add some depth to the image.

Finally, I stamped the reeds in the foreground using "Nocturne" ink again.

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful scene Sam, love the background colours I can't decide whether it's a tranquil or stormy sky

    ReplyDelete