52 Week Mini Art Card/Tag Challenge

Thursday 6 February 2020

Lavinia Stamps February 2020 Hochanda TV show sample - set 2


Lavinia Stamps will be appearing on Hochanda TV on Friday 7th February at mid-day and 3pm, with a selection of stamps and accessories demonstrated by Amanda Branston.

For the background of this card, I have used Colorbox "Artichoke" green ink brayered onto a gelli plate.  I have then sprinkled diluted 'Orange" coloured Brusho from a fan brush which has created the speckled look.

To enhance the colour of the sky, I added some "Broken China" and "Chipped Sapphire" Distress Oxide Inks.

Once the background was dry, I used the torn edge of a piece of copy, dragging ink (Versafine Clair "Morning Mist" grey ink) over the edge to create the landscape in the background.  I used a circle to mask the moon area and edged it with the same ink.

I stamped the "Celestial Tree" in the background using a grey ink (Versafine Clair "Morning Mist").  Making the trees lighter gives the impression of depth to the image.

Using Versafine Clair "Pinecone" dark brown ink, I stamped the hare, which is part of the "Whimsical Hares" stamp set.  Using the same ink, I stamped  the baby hedgehog, which is part of "The Wallace Family" stamp set.

Using Versafine Clair "Nocturne" black ink, I stamped the "Wild Poppies".  Using a white Posca Pen, I edged the hare and hedgehog in white.  I added a little bit of shimmer to the edges of the poppies using a Sakura Gelly Roll pen.

2 comments: