52 Week Mini Art Card/Tag Challenge

Tuesday 4 February 2020

Lavinia Stamps February 2020 Hochanda TV Sample Preview - Set 2


Lavinia Stamps will be on Hochanda TV on Friday 7th February at 12pm and 3pm with a selection of stamps and stamping goodies, demonstrated by Amanda Branston.

This is a sample I have made for the show.  I have used a background created on a gelli plate using a Colorbox ink called "Grape" brayered on to the gelli plate and removing most of the colour so there is just a touch of lilac/grey then splashing some turquoise coloured Brusho lightly onto the plate using a fan shaped brush.  

Once the background was dry, I staped the "Celestial Tree" in two shades of Versafine Clair ink (Nocturne and Morning Mist).  I then created the landscape by dragging ink over the torn edge of a piece of copy paper.

Using the Nocturne and Morning Mist inks again, I stamped the "Whimsical Hare", the "Wild Poppies" and the "Berry Leaves".

I inked the edges of the card and the areas around the tree using the Nocturne ink.  I decided I wanted a bit more blue, so added some colour using a Distess Oxide Ink in the shade of "Salty Ocean".

I used white and blue Posca Pens to create the light coming up from the hill side.  I added some subtle sparkle to the card by using a silver glitter Signo Pen around some of the foliate and dots in the sky for stars.

2 comments: