52 Week Mini Art Card/Tag Challenge

Thursday 12 December 2019

Lavinia Stamps December 2019 Monthly Challenge - Snow at Christmas


This is the third sample I have made to promote the Lavinia Stamps December 2019 monthly challenge.  The challenge runs from the 1st to the 25th of the month.  The theme for this month is "Snow at Christmas".

You can enter the challenge to a maximum of five times.  If your name is randomly drawn, then you will win £40 of vouchers to spend on lovely Lavinia goodies.

I wasn't really sure where I was going with this card when I first started making it.  The first thing I did was to randomly stamp the "Faerie Spells" sentiment in Versafine Clair "Twilight" darlk blue ink.

On a seprate piece of white card, I stamped the "Fairy Hive" in Versafine Clair "Warm Breeze" which is a teal coloured ink.

I then stamped the fairies to each side of the hive, using two from the "Fairy Foragers" set, stamped in Versafine Clair "Twilight" ink.

I then started work on the background.  I put some "Tumbled Glass" Distress Oxide Ink on my mat and added a little water and applied to the background of the hive like a thin pale blue wash,

Using the following Distress Oxide ink colours, I painted daubs (is the closest thing I can call it) in Spun Sugar, Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans and Chipped Sapphire.  I wanted to create a soft coloured speckled/snowy sky look to the background.  I then added dots of white using a Posca pen.

I stamped the "Have a fairy merry Christmas" sentiment in Versafine Clair "Twilight" ink.  I coloured the lantern held by the fairy and also the window of the fairy hive with a yellow Posca Pen.  

Finally, I added "Hollographic Moon Dust" to the panel to add an extra icy snowy look to the card.


2 comments:

  1. You created a beautiful winter's background for the fairies,love the soft colours

    ReplyDelete