52 Week Mini Art Card/Tag Challenge

Sunday 1 September 2019

Design Team make for "Love To Craft Challenge Blog" #38 September 2019


This is my September make for the "Love To Craft Challenge Blog" which has an "Anything Goes" theme.  If you have a moment to spare, please do pop over and take a look at the other fab makes by my fellow Design Team colleagues.

I had an off cut of a gelli plate background in a pale blue colour.  I decided to use this as the base of this card.

I used a Stampin' Up stamp from their "Dragonfly Dreams" set. stamped in two shades of Versafine Clair ink (Warm Breeze and Verdant).  I stamped another dragonfly on a post-it note and cut around the edge to create a mask.

I positioned the mask over the top of the dragonfly image (on the gelli plate background), then inked up a Crafty Individuals background stamp with a dragonfly design (CI-409).  I used Versafine "Smokey Grey" coloured ink.  I then removed the mask.

I decided the background colour needed more depth so using the "Warm Breeze" and "Verdant" Versafine Clair ink again, I added colour, eventually using a Distress Oxide  Ink in "Black Soot" shade to ink the very edges of the card.

I added high lights of both silver glitter and white to various area of the card using Signo Pens.

I adhered the image to the central area of a square card then stamped the "Thinking Of You" sentiment, which is part of a Hobby Arts Ltd set called "Greetings For Friends".  I stamped in a Versafine Clair shade of ink called "Twilight".

6 comments:

  1. Love this Sam. Must use my gelli plate. Was going to use it with my granddaughter in the holidays but we didn’t get the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the dragonfly's wings seem transparent, beautifully done Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smashing make and super colours - I'm quite a fan of the Versafine Clair inks too

    Happy Sunday

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy. I do most of my stamping in Versafine Clair now. Lovely inks to use x

      Delete