52 Week Mini Art Card/Tag Challenge

Wednesday 20 February 2019

Lavinia Stamps Design Team Samples for Hochanda TV on 21st February 2019


This is the first set of Design Team samples I have made for Lavinia Stamps, which will be shown on Hochanda TV on the 21st February 2019 at mid-day and also at 4pm.

Sample 1



Has a more Autumnal feel to it in the colours I have used.  I started using a Gelli Plate to create the background colour using Brusho to get the spotty orange flecks. I added dots of white, to break up the colour a little, by using a white Signo Pen.

I masked off the area around the sun, using Distress Inks, coloured it in using various colours of orange for depth.  I stamped the "Forest Scene" trees in Versafine "Vintage Sepia" ink and then stamped the "Faith" fairy (the one in the air) and "Winifred" (the standing fairy) in Versafine "Black Onyx" ink.  I masked off the top of the card and created the landscape at the base for "Winifred" to stand on.  Finally, I added a little glitter, using a silver Signo Pen.

Here are the links to the Lavinia Stamps I have used on this sample:  Faith, Winifred, Forest Scene, Forest So Green Sentiment.

Sample 2



For this sample, having made quite an Autumnal look, i wanted to go bright and fresh, reflecting Spring colours.  I created the background using three shades of Distress Oxides (Squeezed Lemonade, Cracked Pistachio and Tumbled Glass) . Once dry, I stamped the "Single Skeleton Tree" and the "Lunar Buds" in a Versafine "Stormy Grey" shade of ink.  I next stamped "Winifred" and the sentiment using Versafine "Black Onyx' ink.  I masked off the card to create the landscape at the base.  Finally, I added some Liquid Pearls to the middle of the "Lunar Buds" and some silver glitter by using a silver glitter Signo Pen.

Here are the links to the Lavinia Stamps I have used for this sample:  Single Skeleton Tree, Lunar Buds, Forest So Green Sentiment, Winifred.

Sample 3



This is the third sample I have made with Set 3.  For this set, I wanted it to be a bit vibrant and in your face, hence the turquoise and pink.

I created the background using a Gelli Plate and Brusho.  I masked the tag, exposing an area for the moon and coated the circle with Cosmic Shimmer Colour Cloud Blending ink and left to dry.  I coated a piece of card with Distress Oxide ink in a "Salty Blue' colour.  Once dry, I stamped the "Forest So Green" sentiment several times.  I then cut the verse into sections.

Returning to the tag itself.  I stamped stars over the moon area using a Brilliance Ink in the "Platinum Planet" shade.  I then stamped the maple leaves and the Forest scene trees in Versafine "Black Onyx" and "Stormy Grey.  I then inked the edges of the tag.  Finally, I arranged and then stuck down the words I had prepared earlier.

These are the Lavinia Stamps I have used on this project:  Forest So Green Sentiment, Forest Scene, Maple Leaf Mini, Stars 2 Mini.




2 comments: