52 Week Mini Art Card/Tag Challenge

Thursday 21 February 2019

Bubble Gazing Card using Lavinia Stamps


On the sixth attempt I actually managed to complete a project today.  My mind just wouldn't concentrate and five projects ended up in the bin. I think this may have been due to it being Hochanda Day - with my Design Team samples being shown on TV.  Still I got there in the end with this card.

I started off with a blue and yellow background created by using Distress Oxides in "Mustard Seed", "Cracked Pistachio" and "Salty Ocean".

I then used Memento Luxe ink in a shade called "Wedding Dress" through a multi size circle stencil to create the bubbles.  I then masked a circle area and inked the big blue moon/bubble using a Distress Ink in the shade of "Blueprint Sketch".

I then set about stamping the "Sacred Spells" sentiment , "Spotty Toadstools", "Jasmin & Seb's House", "Star Gazing", "Moon Pods" and "Pound Stamps".  I stamped in Versafine "Stormy Grey" ink and various shades of Versafine Clair ink.  

I coloured some of the areas using Promarkers.  I added a sparkle using a silver glitter Signo Pen.  I added white dots to the toadstools with a white Signo Pen and I used Liquid Pearls on the moon pods.

4 comments:

  1. I saw your brilliant samples today-well done and well deserved.Fabulous backgrounds and beautiful stamps
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol. The samples originally threw me in a spin ,as I knew we had 12 to make and I'd only just joined the team and wasn't sure if I could produce the right sort of work in the timescale required. As it turned out, I did actually do them within a week, so I surprised myself with that. Sam x

      Delete
  2. Your samples looked great on tv Samantha, can understand you being a bit out of sorts, love this card, the colours and design are beautiful

    ReplyDelete