52 Week Mini Art Card/Tag Challenge

Sunday 17 February 2019

Week 9 - 52 Week Mini Art Card / Tag Challenge 2019 - Creative Stamping Magazine issue 62



The Week 8 prompt is "Winter".  We've certainly had our share of wintery weather of late, so it seemed only right to have a prompt to reflect it.

I started my tag with a background of the following Distress Oxide colours:  Antique Linen, Tumbled Glass, Weathered Wood and Salty Ocean.  I then inked the edges of the tag with a Colorbox "Royal Blue" shade of ink.

I stamped the faded sentiment (Lavinia Sacred Spells stamp) and the trees (part of a free stamp set from Creative Stamping - issue 62) in Versafine Clair "Warm Breeze" ink.

I then stamped the birds (Lavinia Stamps) and the deer (also free with issue 62 of Creative Stamping magazine) in Versafine Clair "Twilight" shade of ink.

I had a Snipart balsa scroll and snowflake piece which I coated in the Versafine Clair "Warm Breeze" ink and then stuck it to the tag.

Using a silver flitter Signo Pen, I coloured over the snowflaks and stars.  I also added touches of glitter to the trees, ground and animals too.  Finally, I added some pale blue sticky gems.

~~~

Please click here if you would like more information about this challenge.

There is also a Facebook Group linked to this challenge where you can upload images to the weekly prompt albums and chat to others who are taking part.  You are more than welcome to join in.  Sam x


4 comments:

  1. the background is a perfect winter sky, feels icy and fresh, perfect for the grazing deer, the snowflake and scroll are great finishing touches, you certainly achieved the winter theme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meg. Sometimes I make batches of backgrounds and then I look at them and decide what would work well with them. That's how this one came about. Sam x

      Delete
  2. Beautiful Winter tag and fabulous Wintry looking background
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete