52 Week Mini Art Card/Tag Challenge

Tuesday 23 October 2018

Restful Christmas Card (Penny Black)



A few months ago, I watched a tutorial on how to use a Penny Black Slapstick stamp called "Restful".  I tried to source this stamp in the UK, but it seemed to be sold out, so I ordered it from America.  It arrived and has sat on my desk for a couple of weeks.  Today I decided to try the technique out.

Although I have a lot of crafting stash, I didn't have many of the exact products used in the tutorial, so I improvised with what I had.

This photo is my second attempt at the card.  The first one went wrong because I did not follow my instincts and the result ended in the bin - so lesson learnt!

For my version, I have used the following items:  Versafine "Vintage Sepia", various shades of Memento and Cats Eyes inks.  Versamark clear ink pad, clear embossing powder, Distress Inks, Signo Pen, Gesso for the snow flakes.

6 comments: