52 Week Mini Art Card/Tag Challenge

Tuesday 5 June 2018

Lavinia Stamps Seasonal Tree Sunset Card


















When I first saw the Lavinia Stamps "Seasonal Tress - LAV382)" stamp, I knew I had to get one.  I had an idea in my head that I wanted to try "mirror image stamping", so using this stamp seemed the ideal opportunity.  

I started the background by layering Tim Holtz Distress Oxides, spritzing them. drying the piece and then adding another layer of colour.  I don't know how many times I repeated the process.  You could call it a labour of love.  So much so that I was scared to stamp on it.

Fortunately, my fears were unfounded, as predictably the tree stamped perfectly in Versafine Ink.  I used a sheet of acetate and stamped the image again onto that and quickly transferred it into position below the existing tree.  I found a bone folder was handy to help push the image onto the card.

I then added the land section and the setting sun using Distress inks.  I then used a second Lavinia Stamp "Birds - LAV097) to the side of the sun.  I inked the edges of the card and added touches of white to the tree using a Signo pen, which I think gives it quite an eerie edge to it.

I've actually decided to enter this card into the June Monthly Challenge on the Lavinia Stamps site.  The prompt for this month is "Sunset Pinks" so I think this fulfills the brief.




No comments:

Post a Comment