52 Week Mini Art Card/Tag Challenge

Sunday 12 November 2017

Week 46 - 52 Week Mini Art Card / Tag Challenge 2017

The prompt for Week 46 is "Dance".






In previous years, I have never really been into "Strictly Come Dancing", but this year I have become almost addicted!  So it seems only right that this should be the theme of the tag for this week.

My tag started out with a Tim Holtz Distress Ink background of shades of oranges and yellows with a touch of raspberry flecking across the surface.  I had purchased a little set of stamps from ebay, which I believe may be a replica of a Stampin' Up set.  However, these are quite small and ideal for decorating a tag. I used these for the dance figure and the sentiment. Colouring in the hat and dress using a red Promarker pen.

Using a Memorybox die "Honeycomb Background", I cut a section of yellow card and then cut it into sections, sticking it to areas of the tag.  I then inked the edges in different shades and mounted the tag onto black card to make the colours pop more.  Finally, I added random dots across the surface of the tag and some self adhesive gem stones.

Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog.  Have a great week.  Sam x

P.S.  I forgot to mention that as always, the up to date list of prompts are available at the top of the page, next to the home button.

2 comments: