52 Week Mini Art Card/Tag Challenge

Sunday 19 November 2017

Warm Winter Wishes Christmas Card - Spellbinders & Stampin' Up

I seem to have been generous with the glitter with this Christmas card and spread it across myself and the house!  A sure sign that Christmas is not too far away!

This morning, I lit a favourite Yankee candle called "Holiday Magic", played Christmas songs through Alexa and made a Christmas card - it's beginning to smell and sound a lot like Christmas in our house!































The patterned paper I have used for this card is all from a 12x12" stack by K&Company called "Verbena Scrap Pad".

I started with the sentiment which was actually a free gift in a magazine last year stamped in a StazOn ink called "Claret".  

I used a Spellbinder die to cut the shape and then a larger size of the same shape to cut the burgundy colour shape I'd stuck both to card to strengthen.  This allowed me to use foam pads to elevate the sentiment without there being any dips in the paper.  

I used a Versamark water-mark pen to edge the burgundy shape then coated it in Papermania "Enchanted Gold" embossing powder and then heated with a heat gun to set the glitter/gold embossed edge.

Next I used another Spellbinders die from the "Royal Circle" set to cut the decorative edge doily in the light coloured paper.  I cut a circle in the green colour and layered everything, sticking it to a layered base of green and burgundy.

I then turned my attention to the top section of the card by using Stampin' Up "Pretty Pines Thinlits" dies to cut the foliage and bow.  

I stamped the pine cones using Versamark ink coated in Papermania "Enchanted Gold" embossing powder and heated with the heat gun.  Once set, this gave a nice raised glittery/ice look to the fir cones.  I then die cut the fir cone shape using Stampin' Up "Pretty Pines Thinlits" dies.

Finally, I positioned the arrangement to my liking and stuck everything down, adding some small self adhesive gem stones to the lower section of the decorative doily.

2 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous - I would have loved to have had this in my home for Christmas - maybe next year wink wink lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, got to love a tryer. I was really pleased how this card turned out x

      Delete