52 Week Mini Art Card/Tag Challenge

Monday 13 November 2017

Gnome Snowscene Tag (Papercraft Essentials Magazine, Issue 150 - Enchanted Corner)

I sat down at my craft desk today with a totally blank mind.  I had no idea what I would be making.  If truth be told, I wasn't quite in the right head space having attended a funeral earlier today.  However, I was pleasantly surprised with this fun little tag.


















The tag started life as a Tim Holtz Distress Ink background in slate blues & grey colours, with a few navy coloured speckles across the surface.  I added a few white spots with a Signo pen too.

I die cut a circle in a sort of orange colour and then dabbed the circle with Cosmic Shimmer Blending Ink (in a shade of "White Clouds") to provide a more mottled/moon type surface.  I then added a few dabs of yellow ink to it too.

Sorting through my die-cut off-cuts box, I came across the skeleton trees.  They were a bit short, but I decided I could cover that area.  I stuck the moon on to the tag and then layered the trees above, to give a kind of forest effect.

I found another off-cut of white embossed card.  It was originally embossed using the Stampin' Up "Seaside" die.  I cut the card into three sections, following the waves and layerd them above the trees to provide a snowscape look.

Finally, using a free stamp and die from Issue 150 of Papercraft Essentials magazine (the set is called "Enchanted Corner").  I stamped the image, coloured it with Promarkers and then die cut the little gnome.  I used foam pads to stick him to the tag, so that it gives the impression of dimension.

I'm rather happy with this cheerful little fella!

6 comments:

  1. I love your tag Sam, the sky and snow are fab and the cute gnome finishes it nicely xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tracey. It was nice to faff with something a bit different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tag and the cute gnome x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to look at my little blog of makes and for commenting. It means a lot. x

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Michelle - Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog and for commenting. It is really appreciated x

      Delete