52 Week Mini Art Card/Tag Challenge

Thursday 2 January 2020

Visible Image - Play Guitar Card


While sorting my file with previously created backgrounds, I came across a small off cut of a multi coloured Distress Ink background, so decided to use it now rather than keeping it in the file and then eventually getting rid of it.


The size was a little restrictive (2.5" x 5.5"), so I decided to use a Distress Oxide Ink called "Blueprint Sketch" through the Visible Image "Play Guitar" stencil.

I used another striped stencil by Clarity Stamps to create the striped effect using the Distress Oxide Ink "Peacock Feathers", the colour matched one of the background colours really well, so seemed to tie everything in.

Finally, using Versafine Clair "Nocturne" black ink, I stamped the "Go where your dreams take you" sentiment which is part of a Visible Image stamp set called "Where Dreams Take You".

I then mounted the coloured piece on to black, which makes the colours pop and then added it to a card blank.


2 comments:

  1. You made great use of that scrap Sam, a great guy card, love the colours and the way you placed the stamp

    ReplyDelete