52 Week Mini Art Card/Tag Challenge

Wednesday 8 January 2020

Stampin' Up "Feeling Sentimental" Male Birthday Card


I know I'm not the only crafter who struggles making cards for males.  I don't know why it's such an issue but the struggle is real!

I started with some cream card for the background, swishing it through an "Antique Linen" Distress Oxide ink.  Using a fan brush and diluted "Tea Dye" Distress Oxide Ink I splattered the darker shade on to the card.

Using Versafine Clair "Chianti" dark red ink, I stamped the Penny Farthing bicycle, which is a Stampin' Up stamp from their "Feeling Sentimental" wood mounted stamp set.  Using the same ink, I stamped the Hobby Arts Ltd sentiment which is part of their "General Greetings - CS016D" clear stamp set.

I used another Stampin' Up set called "Gorgeous Grunge" with Versafine "Vintage Sepia" ink to make the foxing marks.

2 comments:

  1. The dark red in the image and layering provides a wonderful contrast to the linen tones a great make card

    ReplyDelete