52 Week Mini Art Card/Tag Challenge

Friday 13 September 2019

Male Birthday Card using the Funky Fossil Mini Cube Stencil


I often struggle making cards for males.  Considering they are half the population I don't know why it is so difficult, but I find it so, especially if you don't want to go the typical route of sport and beers.


I used a Distress Oxide Ink in a blue/green shade called "Peacock Feathers" through Funky Fossil Designs stencil called "Mini Cubes".  I did it first on a pale blue background card and then again on the front of a white 5"x5" card blank.

I stamped the birthday sentiment on the pale blue background, using Hobby Arts Ltd stamp set called "Greetings for a friend - SC158D" using Versafine Clair "Nocturne" ink, which is a lovely black ink to use.  I then cut the panel down and mounted it onto black card before adding it to the top of the patterned front of the card.

I always clean my stencils after each use.  I usually use an off-cut of card to rest the stencil on, but this time decided to open up the card and clean the stencil on the inside right hand side of the card.  

Using a wet wipe I gently wiped the ink away, in doing so the ink on the stencil fills the pattern gaps creating a toned down replica of the stencil pattern, so it nicely matches the front cover.


I used a Papertrey Ink stamp from their "Stylish Sentiments" set for the internal sentiment, again using Versafine Clair "Nocturne" ink.

4 comments:

  1. brilliant male make Sam, love the shade of blue and your stencil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is a brilliant male card. Thanks Sam. Something else to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's nice to hear that my makes inspire others to give things a try. Sam x

      Delete