52 Week Mini Art Card/Tag Challenge

Sunday 6 January 2019

Week 2 - 52 Week Mini Art Card / Tag Challenge 2019


The prompt for Week 2 of the challenge is "New".

This could be new stash, baby, home, year, shoes, phone, diary the choice is endless.  I opted for "New Year, New Diet" for my Week 2 tag.

I used one of the free stamps in issue 66 of Creative Stamping magazine for the main image, stamped in Versafine "Black Onyx" ink and coloured with Promarkers.

I gave the background a wash using a paintbrush and colour from a water colour pencil.  Once dry, I randomly stamped the tape measure (which came in the same set as the main image), in Versafine "Stormy Grey" ink.  I filled in the area with silver dots using a Signo pen.  I then inked the edges and surface of the tag using two shades of Colorbox ink.

Finally, using a ProvoCraft rolling alphabet stamp I stamped the words "New Year and New Diet" . I cut the words down and gave the surface a rub with ink, then drew a box around each word before positioning them raised on the tag using foam pads.

~~~

You can join in with this challenge at any time, it doesn't have to be at the beginning of the year.  You can find info about the challenge here.

Why not join the challenge Facebook Group.  Here you can upload your challenge images to the weekly albums and chat to others taking part about crafty things.  It's a really friendly group and the challenge is very relaxed.  You do what you can, when you can.  There is never any pressure to keep up.  The more the merrier. Sam x

4 comments:

  1. oh dear!! that could be me, I always put on a couple of lbs. over Christmas and spend a few weeks on a diet to lose it again, fun tag Samantha, love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg. The diet starts tomorrow... doesn't it always? :D

      Delete
  2. Great tag Sam I have these stamps just reminded me on floor of craft room somewhere-I love Acid drops and whatnots stamps
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. The stamps were screaming to be used for this tag. Sam x

      Delete