52 Week Mini Art Card/Tag Challenge

Thursday 9 November 2017

A Pokemon Pikachu Birthday Card

Our Grand Daughter is absolutely mad about Pokemon, but her absolute favourite is Pikachu. So it seemed only right to make her a birthday card with that character on it.
















A close up of the card
















To be honest, I wasn't really sure what a Pikachu looked like.  All I could remember was that it was yellow.  Thank heavens for Google images.  I was able to find one suitable and printed it.  I cut round the image, but somehow managed to cut his tail off - at four years old, I don't suppose Willow will notice!

Using my Sizzix Big Shot, I put a Stampin' Up embossing folder called "Softly Falling" through it to create the textured background.

Using a Stampin' Up die from the "Hello You Thinlits" die set I cut the word "Hello".  For the number four on the Pikachu chest, I used a Cuttlebug die to create the number.  Finally, I used a Stampin' Up stamp from their "Hello" stamp set to stamp the "Birthday Girl" sentiment.  I then positioned everything and stuck it all down.




No comments:

Post a Comment